Objective: Gain an understanding of the global coliving, coworking and surf market, while fleshing out cultural and human behavior insights to help a new coliving and coworking company in Spain develop their brand, offerings, messaging, and web and social media content. Utilize mixed qualitative research and analysis methods to devise a brand strategy, structure the offering, and make visual and communication recommendations.
Scope: Global coliving with coworking and surfing market, focusing primarily on Europe.
- Project scoping and development
- Collection of qualitative data from the web
- Recording and analyzing field notes and observations
- Data synthesis and analysis
- Development of strategic cultural and market insights
- Development of personas
- Creation of future scenario
- Collaborate to develop recommendations and brand + service strategy
- Web and communications content creation
- Final presentation of insights and deliverables
A research report including:
- Visual insights built from a semiotic analysis accompanied by branding, visual, and web recommendations.
- Industry insights including an overview of research into the coliving and coworking travel industry. A series of analyses was conducted: competitive analysis, social media analysis, and discourse analysis.
- Audience insights to help understand the desires, cultural values, meanings, and interests of the target audience.
- Recommendations for future qualitative research.
- Copywriting and content creation for the coliving website.
- Strategy and ideation for content creation in the form of a regular blog extending beyond the scope of my work on the project.
This project was created and carried out during the global COVID pandemic, meaning that the coliving space is not yet open to receive global travelers and therefore the impact is still to be determined. However, feedback from the owner of the coliving/coworking space concerning the impact included:
- New life, energy and inspiration moving forward
- A much clearer vision on how to market and communicate about the space
- A shift in visual strategy that is more aligned with the target customer
- A robust understanding of competitors and the market based on research that he “would not have thought of” himself
- Greater awareness pertaining to cultural values of target customer that influence their experience of the coliving space
- Having a sounding board to run ideas by in order to check their relevancy and relatability for potential customers