to help them understand the current landscape of social and management science research on connection in the workplace.
In collaboration with Zeus Jones from June 2019 – July 2019
Objective: Workplace is Facebook’s platform for connection and collaboration within companies and organizations. Seeking to understand the current state of knowledge around the problem of disconnectedness at work and the potential for connectedness to respond to the consequences of the contemporary state of work, my role was to summarize the established thinking and build a point of view around the dimensions that connectedness could impact.
- Develop a research project proposal
- Conduct an in-depth literature review from the social sciences and management sciences
- Synthesize data from the cultural landscape on “the problems of work” and complete a cultural analysis
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team and the clients, reporting my progress and findings throughout the project
- Define a perspective on the research from which Workplace could re-think and transform brand and communication strategy
- Challenge established thinking and develop thoughtful recommendations for future qualitative research opportunities
- A 50 page report, in a compelling narrative form, on the findings which synthesized research insights, identified insights and opportunities, and created a strategic framework.
The impact of my work and the insights I generated helped provide Workplace with a theoretical framework and strategic direction in communicating the value of connection in the workplace, from both a cultural perspective and in service of fundamental business performance objectives.